Instructions to Authors
1. Manuscript submission: Items for publication and other correspondence relating to
the journal should be addressed to:
The Editor, Mediscript Ltd
1 Mountview Court
310 Friern Barnet Lane, London N20 0LD
T: +44 (0)20 8369 5389 E: editorial@HIVNursing.net
Articles are accepted on the understanding that they have been approved by the Editorial Board and may be subject to revision. Contributions regularly accepted are: research papers (for peer review), case studies and audit reports. In addition, submissions such as current issues/opinion pieces, editorial letters and ‘day in the life’ items are also welcome and will be considered for publication.
2. Guidance: If you would like help with any aspect of the writing process, please contact the Editorial office in the first instance with a brief description of your proposed contribution, and your query will be forwarded to the person best qualified to support you (email: editorial@HIVNursing.net).
3. Manuscript format: Authors should include full affiliation, address, telephone number and email addresses. Where there is more than one author, the author to whom proofs should be sent should be indicated. For article length, please refer to commissioning letter. Manuscripts should use English spellings. Subheadings should be used wherever possible, and abbreviations defined when first used.
4. References: References should be cited consecutively, including tables or figure legends, as they fall in the text. Each reference should be numbered in square parentheses and listed at the end of the article in numerical order, according to the following style:
Wu AW, Rubin HR, Mathews WC et al. Functional status and well-being in a
placebocontrolled trial of zidovudine in early symptomatic HIV infection. J Acquir
Immune Defic Syndr, 1993, 6, 452–456.
Miller D. Living with AIDS and HIV. Macmillan Press, London. 1987.
Corey L. HIV vaccine: update on science and policy. 14th International AIDS Conference. Barcelona, 2002, Abstr. TuOr143.
5. Illustrations and tables: These should be provided wherever appropriate and be captioned. Any illustrations supplied should be of sufficiently high quality to ensure good reproduction. Colour figures are welcomed and will be used online but please note that reproduction in the printed version of the Journal is available at the author’s expense (cost available on request). Where appropriate, magnification figures or scale bars should be supplied.
Illustrations and tables must be cited in numerical order. When required, it is the author’s responsibility to obtain permission to reproduce illustrations or tables, and to include the appropriate credit in the figure or table legend.
6. Proofs: will be sent to the author for correction of errors and approval.
7. Copyright assignment: Authors are assumed to transfer to Mediscript copyright of their words. Copying of articles should only be made following permission from Mediscript. However, requests by authors wishing to make copies of their own articles for personal use will be treated sympathetically. A personal copy of the issue in which the author’s article appears will be sent to the author on publication.
To start the submission process click the continue button below.Continue