Hani Mueen Razzaq


Psychological stress causes and exacerbates a wide variety of health conditions. Reacting to chronic stress can impair individuals ability to succeed in life aspects. the descriptive study is conduct to assess psychological stress among 119 parents of children with neurodevelopmental disorders.The Perceived Stress Questionnaire (PSQ) is used to measure the stress level of parentscaring for children with neurodevelopmental disorders. Most of parents (72.3%) had moderate level of psychological stress and the rest 27.7% had sever level of psychological stress. A significant inverse relationship between duration of child illness and the psychological stress of parents is found; parents of recently diagnosed children are at higher risk for psychological stress that others. Based on the findings of the current study, it is recommend that parents should find an appropriate coping method to managing their stress.

Download Statistics



Psychological stress, neurodevelopmental disorders

Citation Format